Photo: This destruction was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette. If you were in this room, you likely would not have made it out alive. By Jen LongaeckerPublic Information Officer I’ll admit it: I was the stinky kid in middle school. I grew up in a house with parents who smoked inside. I didn’t realize […]
Wondering about the benefits of converting your rentals to non-smoking units? Look at all the great reasons why property owners and managers are opting for smoke-free policies.
Join Live Smoke Free, the Dakota County Public Health Department, and special guests for a free lunch and learn workshop: “Hot Topics in Smoke-Free Housing” Thursday, March 12, 12-1:30pm Dakota County CDA, Boardroom 1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123 *Lunch from Panera Bread is on us! RSVP to Jackie at 651-646-3005 ext. 325 or […]
Minnesota Fire Headlines Renew Calls to Take it Outside The first month of 2020 came with fire headlines that remind Minnesota renters, property owners, and property managers, why smoke-free housing is vital to fire prevention. On January 6, 2020, WCCO reported, “The Number of Fire Deaths In Minnesota Increased By 14% Last Year.” The article […]